Aimée Swim (Pty) Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
For the purpose of this policy, personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes information such as first name, maiden name, last name and username.
- Contact Data includes information such as billing address, shipping address, email address, country and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes information such as bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes information such as payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us and your orders.
- Technical Data includes information such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Dataincludes information such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information such as how you use our website,website statistics related to your use, searches, page loads, session views, details on products.
- Marketing and Communications Dataincludes information such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences..
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions – You may give us your Identity, Contact, Transaction, Financial Data and Marketing and Communications by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Create an account on our website;
- Add products to wishlists
- Purchase products on our website;
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- Give us feedback or contact us.
- Contact us through available mediums such as our contact form, social media and by email.
Automated technologies or interactions -As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and/or other similar technologies.
Third parties or publicly available sources – We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytics providers such as Google
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only collect and process your personal data as permissible by law. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your consent to do so;or
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;or
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we use your personal data, and which of the legal basis we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To create an account and register you as a new customer||(a) Identity (b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including: (a) Manage payments, fees and charges (b) Collect and recover money owed to us||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction (e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications (f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make recommendations to you about products and offers that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile (f) Marketing and Communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
|To inform or remind you by email of any task carried out via our website which remains uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or abandoned baskets||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to improve the shopping experience of our customers)|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us:
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
We may send you marketing communications if you have subscribed to our email newsletters, requested information from us or purchased products from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing communication from us by clicking the unsubscribe button in one of our marketing emails or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your opt-out request will be processed as soon as practicable.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies – these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below:
With our suppliers, sub-contractors, partners or other third parties we us in the operation of our business:
- Third party service providers who provide us with IT and system administration services;
- Third party service providers such as couriers, agents and delivery companies who we engage with for the shipping and delivery of products.
- Third party payment service providers (including Cybersource) to process your payment to us. Please note that we do not retain your payment information. Your payment details are provided to the payment processing service who are licensed entities and comply with the relevant regulations.
- Our professional advisers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- If we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process or to comply with any applicable rules or regulations, or in response to a legitimate request from a law enforcement authority or other government official;
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- Otherwise, where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
We do not transfer your personal data outside of Seychelles.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These may include:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the regulator for data protection in your country.
We may update this policy from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons. You can review the most up to date of the policy at any time on our website. In case there are material changes, we will notify you via email or on our website.
LAST UPDATED: DECEMBER 2022